Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Summer Cruise 4 - Day 2


Famous words before bed. "ALRIGHT! I can get 7 hrs of sleep tonight ...."

Let's start today blog, last night. It was 9:00PM. I was curled up in bed, with my body pillow and 2 fluffy pillows. Nightstand light was on, just finished another chapter in "Irresistible Revolution" (btw .. great read) .... started ......nodding ..............off........................... WHA!! oh .... the cat decided to curl up with me ... and her claws ....... that's .... okay .............. just nodding ........ off .... to ...slleeeeeee *snore* ....... HEY!WHAT!?(startled) ah ok .. Elisha is home from church ... what time is it? 9:35PM ? .. hmm ... just need to sleep ... (hours later, after tossing and turning .... it's 1:42AM) ...... really? its 1:42 in the morning ... and my alarm will wake me up at 4:00AM ... oh never mind ... its 1:43AM now ..... needless to say ... didn't get much sleep last night. No Ninja Pizza Delivery Guys in the dreams but ... i do recall fishing in a superman outfit ... very much like the one i called my "PJ's" when i was a tot.

DAY 2 of The Summer Cruise with The Morning Cruise (the only cruise on radio ... blah blah blah). Today was a little like it should have been yesterday ... like a Circus (and no ... not the Brittany Spears song) Waltzed in to the Station at 5:20AM locked the door behind me ... OH i forgot my Ipod in the car, let me just go get it ... yeeeeeah ... about that ..... turned out my car keys slid off my clip ... in my hands were just my house keys, spare keys to the mail boxes, office keys, a USB Drive, and ... no car keys .... where ... oh .. OH THERE THEY ARE! ... in the front seat (i just laughed at myself ... 5:17AM and im outside "finangling" the driver door to get my defiant keys. Well after about 10 minutes of "ohmigoodness"ing ... i looked up to see the passenger door (my wife's side) was unlocked ... it was the only time i thanked God for a bad habit!! Made my way into the studio, brewed some BOLD coffee, called DBC(remember ... Dave, Bill and Carmen ;)) AND ANOTHER GREAT SUMMER CRUISE SHOW!! Except the balancing act of switching between the ISDN Analog Feed and the TieLine Feed, the buffering of the TieLine, the multiple failed attempts at getting DBC's attention for breaks, and well .... the coffee that i spilt on my hand ... haha but seriously ... great show.

Its not even the end of the show actually, its 9:15AM. I'm sipping and finishing cup #4 of the Starbucks Kenya Bold. Wrap up in about an hour, To Do List looks like:
  • Morning Cruise Promos
  • Find JOY Montage
  • Summer 09 Imaging
  • Lunch with Elisha
  • 4 Mile Run
  • 8 Mile Cycle
  • Dance Practice @ 5:00PM
  • Home @ 9:00PM ........ maybe sleep

oh i hope sleep ..... mmmm.... coma?! TYLENOL PM!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment