Friday, September 9, 2011

Top 5 Post-Summer Songs



I was debating doing a blog like this, but I really like music and love to share it even more.
If you asked my wife about my music selections, she might use words like "erratic" "anarchical" ... which I don't mind.
So forgive me if the styles jumble like a bag of Chex Mix ...

Alright, song #5 I was flipping through a friends Spotify playlist when I saw this band. Cute name, I thought ... the song was hooky, interesting, pop but just enough off center to make me love it
Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks


Moving on to #4!
When I first listened through the song, I had to fight not to think ... "Did Switchfoot just rip of Lenny Kravitz?" But this song grew and grew on my critical musical mind. "I been to hell and back again" caught me ... I thought ... oh yeah, this is going to be good ... and I was right.
Switchfoot - Dark Horses


So that brings us to the hump of the list, song #3
This song was actually a bit of a surprise for me ... Don't get me wrong, I have an soft spot in my heart for bands like Two Door Cinema Club, MGMT, Bat For Lashes, M83, Caribou ... but I hadn't really ever heard of Strange Talk, but again thanks to Spotify ... I have now added it my fav's
Strange Talk - Climbing Walls


ALMOST THERE!
Song #2 is relatively easy ... HUGE NTB fan.
I think it's safe to say I have what some people might call a "man crush" on the boys ... but nonetheless ... from the "Soon To Melt Your Face Off" album "The Reckoning" enjoy :)
Needtobreathe - Drive All Night


This is where the difficulty set in ...
Since before "Parachutes" I've loved me some Coldplay ... So when I heard "Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall" ... I leaked a little ... it was so good ... but so was "Major Minus" (another song an a small EP) ... there was one difficult decision. There was yet another one in the wings. Mat Kearney dropped a new album called "Young Love" ... like a moth to a vintage dress in a womans closet ... I snatched it up and fell head over heals for "Ships in the Night" So, 2 #1's ...
Coldplay - Ever Teardrop is a Waterfall


Mat Kearney - Ships in the Night


AH! SO GOOD!! I hope you enjoyed this little tid bit of musical expression ... If you have any you'd like to share feel free to comment!

Until Next Time

No comments:

Post a Comment