Monday, July 20, 2009

Wait ... You Did WHAT?!


OH WHAT A BEAUTIFUL MORNING!!!
well ... kinda ... if you like the waking up before the sunrise, driving in a monsoon and avoiding the pillars of electric hell we call Lightning, kind of mornings ... then yes ... it was soo more than beautiful!

So after an extremely eventful week last week, filled with dancing, playing music and falling out of ceilings ......wait ......... haha ok hold up ... i DID just say falling out of ceilings ... ok here's how that goes

If you didn't know, my wife Elisha, is an amazing dance choreographer (modern, jazz, ballet .. you name it ... she'll own it!) .. ANYWAY so by association and well ... marriage ... i have now been dancing for 3 years now and love it ... BUT ... some of the things she creates ..... are ....... RIDICULOUSLY SCARY AND LIFE THREATENING!!!

*cough* ... ok ... I'll set the scene....
She has choreographed a modern/acrobatic piece to "Skillet - Rebirthing" ... great song, good message .... the choreography is intense just like the song, fast paced and challenging (mia michaels ...eat your heart out ... or .... not ......you're good too).
With less than 2 weeks to learn the choreography and perform it ... oh AND finish it ... it was a little stressful, but nonetheless the week of the performance, the choreography was done, the dancers were done learning it, perfected the moves ... but something was missing ... "hmmm .." thought my lovely, creative wife "what could it possibly be missing .... "OH!!! I GOT IT!! We Need Acrobatics!" ... she seemed to muse

ok ... I'm not a huge acrobat ... actually i can just do a small amount of tumbling ... but thanks to some of our friends who helped out and who were able to seriously tumble the mess out of that choreography (in a good way) .. the acrobatics was pretty dern good! "It still needs something else" she thought "What if Jared (our serious tumbler friend) uses a net hanging from the ceiling, and Kris and Jesus (Hey-Zeus) repel out of the ceiling, upside down and in grey stretchy fabric sacks ...." ........... there was a long pause after this statement in which i serious thought about my life, and the importance of safety ... and who would get my possessions if i died ........ "Sure why not!" .... came spewing from my mouth! .. WHAT?! WHY DID I SAY THAT!! I HATE HEIGHTS!! .... oh no!

SO HERE WE GO!! UP INTO THE CEILING ... wait ... ok ... if you are unaware of how to and what repelling is .... its simple really ... you fall from a high point (cliff, roof, window, ceiling) while attached to a rope, and hope you don't die ...

So now I've found myself inside a church ceiling 40 feet off the ground, playing Spider Man by climbing through the rafters ... attached to something called a "safety tie" .... no gonna lie to you ... it looks just like a thicker shoestring with a knot in it .... it's now holding my full 150Lbs .... I'm dangling ..... I'm sweaty, I'm shaky, I'm anxious, I'm scared ..... i think ...... yep ........ i just pee'd (not really)

skip ahead 2 attempts ... one in which i wasn't really secured by my harness and could have died but didn't and another where I forgot i was still "clipped in" to the secure line and lowered only to get snagged 5 feet out of the ceiling and yelling "OH DEAR GOD!! TAKE ME NOW!"

..........................................................it ....was ... fun (I guess)

but it showed me what I wouldn't do for the love of my life ......

would you fall out of a ceiling, scared out of your mind ... with half .... pee'd in pants (not really) ..... for the love of your life ;)

BTW .... just a thought on a different note:
We aren't really anything special, i mean yeah .. we're made uniquely ... but really ... we're nothing truly special. Maybe not even a *blip* on the map of eternity ... but ..... haha and its a big but (no puns intended in the typing of this thought) .... Job 38:4-7 "Where were you when I laid the foundation of the earth? Tell me, if you have understanding. Who determined its measurements, surely you know! Or who stretched the line upon it? On what were its bases sunk, or who laid its cornerstone" .... foundations of the earth? ... I can't even lay concrete foundation on my driveway by myself ... and i certainly can't stretch my hand, arm, body .. as it's measurements ..... I'm kinda small .....but God ... who holds the universe in the span of his hand (Isaiah 40:12 - btw in Traditional Jewish terms .. the "span" of that hand is 9inches ... so ..... yeah ... the universe ... isn't even as big as ruler to God ... that's BIG)

Until Next Time
KPK

No comments:

Post a Comment